We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Hi, I'm travelling from Amsterdam to Brugge on 30 Apr to 1 May. Is it a good time to visit Brugge on 1st May, Labour Day? Are the shops/restaurants/tourist attractions or even Tourist Centre be closed?

I read that there are open markets at the Markt Square every Wednesday but shops are mostly closed every Mondays. So when is the best day to visit the city?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

You may want to ask that on the Bruges forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188671-i448-Bruge…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Noted, thanks!

But if its at Amsterdam, is everything still the same on 1st May? Just thinking if I should reschedule my itinerary.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
153 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Hi,

Note that 1st May in Belgium is an official holiday, while in the Netherlands it is not. So Amsterdam will be open for business as normal on teh 1st May. What the situation in Brugge will be I don't know, but I guess the shops at least will be closed.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Better to stay in Holland. In Belgium I believe many shops are closed while in Holland they are open.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

Thanks for all your replies.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

You don't need to go to shops in Bruges though (although 1 chocolate shop would be nice); we spent the day walking around the canal and streets, just taking photos as it was so beautiful!

Edited: 7:08 pm, April 24, 2014
7. Re: Labour Day, 1st May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 26, 2015