We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

Coventry
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

Hi - We are 25 ladies visiting Amsterdam for the weekend of 21st Feb. We are not leaving the city until 7.00pm on Sunday and I would like to find somewhere relaxing, perhaps with live music (?), where we could spend a couple of hours to have some food before our departure - any ideas. Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,420 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

4 pm?

I stand by sandwiches or early dinner at the Nh Schiller.

I doubt they will be overly busy then.

Lots of seating.

Beyond quiet and relaxing.

Beautiful as well

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

Nel still works as well. A hundred meters from public transportation and on a beautiful square (Amstelveld).

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

The Hotel Krasnapolsky on Dam Square has that stunning indoor garden room with the high glass ceiling, fountains, and tile work, I have eaten there but it was years ago and I probably just had a hot chocolate with whipped cream & rum : ) because I was there just to see the huge oasis in the city I read about. Very nice. You can see pictures of it on their website and I'm sure a menu, times etc.

Enjoy!

Sunny

Edited: 7:57 pm, February 10, 2014
Coventry
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

Thanks Ronaldoc - In "my world" brunch is either a late breakfast or an early lunch which doesn't fit the bill either. My posting does say we are leaving Amsterdam at 7.00pm and looking for somewhere nice and relaxing to eat for a couple of hours before we go - so you could call it an early dinner (or a late lunch!).

Thanks to those that have replied positively, suggestions much appreciated. Sunny have looked at boats and continuing the research there.

15. Re: Ideas for a late lazy Sunday lunch x 25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 13, 2015