We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Are there any shopping centres with late night opening outside the centre of Amsterdam. Also what is there to do at night time. I do not go clubbing and would like to spend the evenings in Amsterdam. Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Towns around Amsterdam might have a 'shopping night' on thursday or friday evening until 21.00 .

But 'late night' everything is closed.

There are plenty of nice bars and cafes to keep you occupied at night.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,048 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

It's a great city at night. And I have never once gone clubbing.

Take a night canal boat ride, walk the safe streets, go to a brown bar, walk the safe streets, take in a movie.

There is lots to do

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Cinema? Tuschinski (try to see something on screen 1! The most beautiful room)

Or cute rickety De Uitkijk and sit upstairs on the balcony.

Or any of the others...

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Concert, symphony, musical, ballet, or a play, even in Dutch, you still manage to keep up even in another language. Then there are tonnes of other musical and entertainment options. Try to pick up a Time Out or What's On booklet at the white tourist info building across from Central Station for a complete easy to use calendar of scheduled events both free and not. I pick one up upon arrival and then plan my visit around it.

But I usually end up having a later dinner and that IS my evening entertainment. I'm such a Party Animal lol.

Enjoy!

Sunny

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Concert, symphony, musical, ballet, or a play, even in Dutch, you still manage to keep up even in another language. Then there are tonnes of other musical and entertainment options. Try to pick up a Time Out or What's On booklet at the white tourist info building across from Central Station for a complete easy to use calendar of scheduled events both free and not. I pick one up upon arrival and then plan my visit around it.

But I usually end up having a later dinner and that IS my evening entertainment. I'm such a Party Animal lol.

Enjoy!

Sunny

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,048 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

Boom Chicago, a popular skit comedy club, would be a great option for the evening.

7. Re: Shopping centres and what to do at night time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 29, 2015