We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vondel Park

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Vondel Park

Hi, i will be visiting AMS this early Sept and is planning to visit Vondel Park. Is there any other things to do besides cycling, picnic and people watching in the park? I plan to rent a bike from Mac Bike located nearby the park. Is there any rules or anything i must watch out for while cycling in the park?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,410 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vondel Park

Hi there,

There are open-air concerts in the park, they have been mentioned recently in the forum, but probably ending end of August so just before you come. No other things I can think of - oh yes, forgot the waterbicycles and rowing boats for rent in the pond near the Film museum.

No special rules for cycling there, just stay on the main bicycle paths. Enforcement of any rule in Holland, and esp. in Amsterdam, is a lot more relaxed than in cities like Singapore ;-)

Have a nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vondel Park

If you stay on the main bicycle tracks you will be on your own. The locals ride everywhere but the designated paths-lol-

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vondel Park

Yes as well as other cyclists you need to be aware of roller-bladers , stray dogs and the odd junkie .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vondel Park

thanks for the useful tips!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vondel Park

I had not ever seen the water bikes or boats in the ponds. I will have to keep my eye open for that.

Has anyone been in the Film Museum? We have eaten a great lunch on the terrace, but never been in the Museum itself. Do they still show classic films at night on the terrace?

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vondel Park

Skippy, www.filmmuseum.nl Also in english!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vondel Park

thanks tet14 !!

8. Re: Vondel Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 15, 2009