We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Haarlem to IJmondhaven in IJmuiden?

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Haarlem to IJmondhaven in IJmuiden?

My wife and I are going to spend a couple of nights in Haarlem (west of Amsterdam) in June, 2014, prior to taking a cruise from IJmondhaven in IJmuiden. However, we need to be able travel by bus or taxi to the port from Haarlem.

I have read that we could get a bus to IJmuiden, but we don't know if there are taxis available to take us from Ijmuiden to IJmondhaven.

Is there room to take our luggage on the bus if we took this option?

Or is a taxi from Haarlem the best option?

We would appreciate any advice.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,596 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Haarlem to IJmondhaven in IJmuiden?

Hi there,

It's bus (which has plenty of space for luggage at the back door) and then 10 mins walk at least or cab from Haarlem. Of course Ijmuiden also has taxi companies but unlike Haarlem no taxi ranks so you'd really have to book one by phone and do so from a bus stop in town, or prebooking assuming a certain bus time. Use www.9292.nl/en for the bus; cab from Haarlem would be around 40 euro.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Haarlem to IJmondhaven in IJmuiden?

Thank you Erik.

I've read that Connexxion bus #75 will get us from Haarlem to the Badweg bus stop which is opposite the Felison Cruise Terminal in IJmuiden. However, It's good to have the taxi as a back-up option.

Once again Erik, thank you very much for your response to my questions.

Regards Thomas Y

3. Re: Taxi from Haarlem to IJmondhaven in IJmuiden?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 03, 2014