We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi when is the best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

hi thanks for the point to point reply very useful indeed

Naples, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Hi what do you mean by this? That there will not any tulips at Easter?

I will be going at Easter and trying to figure out lease crowded day. I assume that Saturday and Sunday will be bedlam. So I was thinking Good Friday or Easter Monday. I read there is an Easter bonnet parade on Monday so maybe Friday is better, would this be the least worst? There are two of us girls happy to be at the gate at 8am as well.

Edited: 4:15 am, December 08, 2013
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Generally the best time to se tulips in the fields is the last 2 weeks of April / first week of May. Unless it is a very cold winter (delay) or warm winter (earlier). At this point it is too early to tell when the tulips are in bloom. Check back around mid march to find a more about the blooming status. At the Keukenhof the tulips are in bloom from the end of March (indoors! in the greenhouse) and from around mid april outside.

Easter is one of the busiest days at Keukenhof. If you want to enjoy the keukenhof I would choose another day or arrive very early (most of the day tours /tourbus arrive around 10 am)

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

2014 visiting season ends on Sunday, 18th May 2014. Is it worth visiting in the last week - say around 15th/16th May? Or will most of the flowers be gone by that time?

My family members intend to visit Keukenhoff and they can’t travel until the week commencing 12th May 2014. So unfortunately can't visit in April/early May.

If it’s not worth visiting that late then they would probably cancel the Keukenhoff trip.

Any pointers please?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Too early to tell. Last couple of years the Keukenhof looked wonderful the last week of opening. Nature can't be predicted. 2 weeks full of sunshine can change everything (just like freezing cold temperatures)

I will write a weekly update here on trip advisor, check back before you plan to travel to see if a visit is worthwhile to the Keukenhof.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Hi!

Hows the weather look in Amsterdam? Im heading Amsterdam end Apr (27th to 30th), will the tulips in the fields be in full bloom?

Thanks for any advice!!

Regards

Sharon

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Hi sharoonny, it's too early to tell. Normally the best time for visiting is last 2 weeks of april and first week of May, but it all depends on the weather in the next weeks. from mid march we will have a weekly flower update on Tripadvisor so please come back in the weeks before you travel.

Nina

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Great! Thanks (:

Will the updates be done in this thread too?

Thanks!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

Just like last year there will be a special tulip update tread, you can find it from mid march on trip advisor

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: best time to visit Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in 2014

I watched the tulip update thread last Spring and I didn't even have a trip booked.

We will be in Amsterdam this Spring from Monday May 5th for 9 days. Anxiously awaiting that mid-March thread!!