We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,658 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Did this on another forum and loved it. Please list your favorite restaurant and a brief explanation as to why its your favorite. No lists - you only get to list one.

As for me it is Bouchon du Centre. Nothing fancy, just good honest food with a simple wine list. Mostly for lunch - they close early in the evening. Small and intimate.

www.bouchonducentreamsterdam.com/bouchon.html

Just trying to see what everyone likes as their one and only favorite.

Special Offer
Amsterdam Canal Cruise by Semi-Open...
24 Reviews
from $15.60*
$20.00
Special Offer
Keukenhof Tulip Gardens Trip and...
130 Reviews
from $93.80*
$105.00
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
431 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Indrapurra an Indonesian Rijstaffel, great food, small plates, great variety of a Dutch tradition from its colonial times. Excellent food, good service. My go to for a special meal.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Restaurant Do Brasil. It's an average tourist trap steakhouse (it's near the Leidseplein) and not at all at the level of an authentic Brazilian steakhouse. However, I am a quantity over quality kind of guy, and liked their all you can eat ribs deal, which cost about 10 euro.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

De Fles on Prinsengracht. It's just up the canal from our favorite apartment. The food is good and hearty, although nothing particularly earth-shattering (the king crab is great). However it's always packed with crowds of happy people, the service is bluff yet always friendly, it's noisy and crowded and yet there's always a table free, they have good booze and when I sit there on that first night of every visit (because that's where we always seem to end up) I always look around and feel that joy of truly being back in Amsterdam again.

http://www.defles.nl/

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Sounds good Tattoosydney!

For dinner I don't have one particular favorite because it depends on my mood and what type of food I'm in the mood for as well, and I don't earn enough money to go out for dinner all that often (or prefer to spend it on other things). But Trouw comes to mind for friendly service and interesting dishes in a laid-back atmosphere.

For lunch I have a very definite favorite: Spanjer & Van Twist on Leliegracht. No-nonsense soups and sandwiches and other hot dishes, value for money, friendly staff, nice mix of locals and tourists, and I just love those tiny tables by the canal, but also love sitting upstairs on colder days with one of their newspapers or some friends, and sometimes their stoic cat. :-)

Edited: 7:31 pm, September 13, 2013
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Broodje Bert...the bacon sandwich. If you love bacon you'll love this sandwich. And it is cheap and has great people watching.

S

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

La Rive - every time I dine there it's fabulous, the service is geat, the wines, everything! Plus the view is wonderful over the Amstel.

Mentioned in this post
The Amstel
The Amstel
1,647 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
173 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Febo. Real delicious delicacy meals set in five star restaurants!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Allyonswelly, don't forget the great people watching!

Level Contributor
173 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

Sorry Cecile I forgot about the people watching. All of these classy restaurants have got great street views. Can't wait til Monday to try there exquisite quisene.

10. Re: What is your favorite restaurant and why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 13, 2015
Edited: 5:15 pm, January 13, 2015