We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

I already have my 8pm Blue Boat Tour in Amsterdam and plan on doing a boat tour in Brugge. Does anyone recommend boat Tours in Haarlem, Ghent, or Delft?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

You are posting in the Amsterdam forum so not sure how many DE's or visitors would have done a tour in some of the cities you posted. I would suggest using Google as its most likely your best bet. I quickly found this one in Haarlem with solid reviews on TA. http://www.haarlemcanaltours.com/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

I think it depends on how much free time you have. In over 5 visits to Ghent I've never felt the need to do a boat tour... I prefer wandering around that lovely city at my own leisure. My favourite places in Ghent:

- Restaurant Rood, Asian food and nice decoration

- Zoo bar

- Opera bar 'In de Pauze' (vintage decorations)

- Barista cafe (nice pies, nice location)

- Shops called O'zon, Zoot, ZsaZsa

- Mostaardfabriek, a shop for mustards and vinegars

- Priem wallpaper shop, lots of vintage wallpapers, it's run by two very old sisters and their brother

- the castle in the center

Nice streets for shops and cafes:

- Onderbergen

- Oudburg, Ingelandgat

- Jan Breydelstraat

- Steendam

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

I live near Delft. No, don't make a boat tour there or in Haarlem. Delft is so small, you can see the centre on foot within 2 hours, straight from the train station. But in Bruges it is a MUST to do a boat tour ,so quite different than in Amsterdam with small boats (for the low bridges in Bruges).

I visited the Rijksmuseum, see my review by clicking on my name and then on contributions, reviews.

Edited: 8:10 am, August 29, 2013
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

Actually,I only said not to do a Delft boat tour because I didn't do one myself, but you get a tour guide explanation so it will be quite interesting.so yes, do one. I will do one myself soon and will write about it then !!!

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

Good help, thanks dutchguy, Cecile, Balou

6. Re: Additional Netherlands/Belgium Boat Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 31, 2014