We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Freshen Up

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Place to Freshen Up

My 2 friends and I are going to Amsterdam in September. We will arrive in the morning but will not be able to check into our apartment until after 2:00p. Is there a decent place that we can stay to get freshen up, with a private bathroom, and to keep our luggage. It has to have 24hour check in as well.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Place to Freshen Up

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

This is the link you will need if you do not already have it.

Make sure you click on the map.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Place to Freshen Up

Daniellen..Thanks for the tip on the luggage. I really appreciate it.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Place to Freshen Up

Awesome! Thanks John.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Place to Freshen Up

Daniellen..Thanks for the tip on the luggage. I really appreciate it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Place to Freshen Up

Arrival 8am... By the time you're through customs and have your luggage it might be 9.30... Travel into town, arrive ~10am...

Wander around for 3 hours, at 1pm collect luggage, travel to apartment and before you know it's 2pm.

Are you going to pay heaps of money for a day hotel to cover 3 hours? (And remember that taking a nap at daytime in your new destination may prolong jet lag).

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,294 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Place to Freshen Up

If one really needs an oasis to relax, shower and chill there is always the Sento Spa and Health Club at the Marnixbad (Marnix pool). It is reachable with tram 10 from Leidseplein and tram 3 from Museumplein and Overtoom area. From Central Station one can take bus 18 or 21

http://www.sento.nl/eng/health-spa-amsterdam

They open at 6.30 AM during the week and 8.30 AM on weekends. A day pass for the spa area only is €24.50 and for the spa and gym €34.50

If one drops the bags at the hotel or apartment agency office or station then you can just take your toilet kit and some stuff you need and go relax and freshen up.

Mentioned in this post
Sento Spa & Health Club
Sento Spa & Health Club
7 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Marnix Hotel
Marnix Hotel
954 Reviews
Leidseplein Hostel
Leidseplein Hostel
306 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Place to Freshen Up

Hi,

I'm going to Amsterdam with a mate on the 20th of Sept 2013.. It will be good if u wanted other tourists to join so that we could explore as a group.. Let me know.. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
18. Re: Place to Freshen Up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:02 am, February 16, 2015
Edited: 11:02 am, February 16, 2015
19. Re: Place to Freshen Up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 27, 2014