We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to Airport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts usa
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Hotel to Airport

Please, I need to be at the airport at 8am The time it will take and the best route from Inntel Hotel on Nieuwezjids Kolk, to Schiphol Airport on a Saturday.

Thank you

qquubbic

UK
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to Airport

A quick look at a Google map shows that you are about five minutes from the train station.

Walk to the station. Buy a ticket. Hop on a train! Journey time to the airport is about 20 minutes.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to Airport

Too late...

He has to be there on Saturday 8am...

UK
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to Airport

"Too late...

He has to be there on Saturday 8am..."

Errrr..... what?

The OP clearly says "on A Saturday" - i.e., a Saturday in the future. And they only posted their message this evening so clearly can't have been referring to today.

Or were you trying to say that the first train leaves too late on a Saturday to get them there for 8 o'clock? That is not the case.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel to Airport

Huh, guess what, you're right. Somehow the "a" has alluded me and the way the OP formulated his question suggested he was in a big hurry to catch his plane.

English is a complicated language..

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel to Airport

"eluded"

;-)

Although it is a somewhat clever malaprop.

Edited: 7:53 pm, July 13, 2013
6. Re: Hotel to Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:44 am, March 02, 2015
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel to Airport

LOL @ Koala Lumper! A bit like those squirrels being shredded at Schiphol airport?

massachusetts usa
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel to Airport

Aviatrix, I have been able to book tickets on-line for Czech, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Belgium, but because I do not accept cookies I have been unable to access the Ne ticket system. I have heard of people waiting in line for an hour or more to purchase tickets, and since I do need to be at the airport at a specific time I was looking for info about trains that go directly to the Airport.

I will be coming into Amsterdam by train , so I will get the info about exiting at that time

Thanks

qquubbic

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,059 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel to Airport

The long ticket lines are almost entirely for international tickets, and explainable because of the complex reservations. Domestic ticket lines are hardly ever longer than 10 mins, and anyhow you can also buy a ticket for Saturday a few days before. Also some vending machines at Central accept credit cards, but if it's for 1 person the surcharge is even higher than at the counter.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

UK
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel to Airport

Using a machine, and using coins, is probably the easiest thing to do. After a few days in Euroland one should normally have enough coins to buy a train ticket from Amsterdam CS to Schiphol (it's less than 5 Euro IIRC)