We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

Bangkok
2 posts
Save Topic
Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

we all know that duty free shops are sometimes a joke regarding item prices (duty free price is equivalent/even more expensive than retail price with tax).

For those who are familiar with this airport, what is interesting to buy there in term of savings? (tobaco, liquor, fashion, high tech...)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,359 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

Even duty free cigarettes are cheaper in a 7 -11 in Bangkok. In fact I can't think of anything that might be cheaper here.

Bangkok
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

Thanks for your reply Ronaldo.

I was thinking about spirits, cigars that are quite expensive in Bangkok and perfumes for madam of course.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,359 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

Having been in Bangkok a few times I would say the price difference in really negligible for things like perfume unless they have special offers on. For other things you really just need to see what prices are when you get to the airport.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

I have sometimes found good deals on perfumes, and one particular spirit I like since we pay an arm and a leg where I live for this spirit. You must know what you want ahead of time, and what are the prices (what you pay locally) for the items you are willing to buy, so you can compare before - that will prevent you from buying impulsively.

For example: schiphol.nl/Travellers/…All.htm

Edited: 10:53 pm, July 02, 2013
5. Re: Amsterdam Schiphol Duty free: were are the best savings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014