We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weiden, Germany
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

Read about some of the Park and Rides and the one closest to the CitizenM Prinses Irenestraat 301077 WX Amsterdam hotel is the OLYMPIC STADIUM AMSTERDAM Park and Ride. But the site says that it is often full. We are arriving this Sunday, June 23rd. I do not think there are any activities at the Stadium that day. The daily rate for our 3 night stay is good. Any alternative Park and Rides IF it is full?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

I have no experience using the P+R sites. Info here: iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…park-and-ride

Perhaps P+R Sloterdijk would be convenient, take a 15 minute metro ride on metro 50 to get to Amsterdam Zuid. Use www.9292.nl/en to find info about public transport.

Or P+R ArenA (train station: Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA), a 5 minute train ride away from Zuid... but check for big events first.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

You can apparently park for free at the Max Havelaarlaan in Amstelveen. Take tram 5 from closeby and it stops outside your hotel in about 10 minutes.

If I were you I would park at the Arena (no events on that weekend) and take the metro 50 to Zuid. Hotel is about 300m from the station.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

The 50 is not running to the Arena so you will need to take the 54 towards Centraal Station to Van der Madeweg. Then transfer to the 50 towards Isolatorweg and continue your journey to the Zuid station.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

There are direct NS trains between Bijlmer ArenA and Zuid which take 6 minutes. No change of trains needed. See www.9292.nl/en

(It would help if other posters read previous posts)

Edited: 5:56 pm, June 19, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

Oh yeah forgot about the transfer. Actually Cecile the P&R provide a GVB ticket not valid on NS so they would either have to pay extra for the train or do a simple change. The train is only every 15 minutes and the Metro every 5 mins.That is why we mention the Metro.

See you don't actually know evrerything after all !!!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

LOL, Ronaldo finally showed his biggest fear, and why he always likes to attack my posts and bully me.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

Grow up please and stop being a smart a55

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

As soon as you stop bullying me in all the other threads.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

Cecile you seem to have some sort of complex. Please go see someone about it and keep it off this forum. No-one is bullying you simply either correcting or providing alternative info. i.e. that by your own admission you don't seem to know about the P+R so although it might be an idea to go by train the P+R system provides a GVB ticket and in fact if this is not actually used to go into town it can invalidate the cheaper P+R rate.

I can assure you right here and now that my biggest fear is one of my children dying horribly in a car crash and certainly is not you. You come below the fear of me finding that I have run out of toilet roll or that the piece of cheese I left in the fridge now has mould on it.

Now lets start acting like adults and we might all get on with the primary function of this forum which is to provide accurate information with good humour to weary travellers.

End of.

Edited: 4:15 am, June 20, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking at Olympic Stadium Park and Ride

I'm not saying that providing alternative info is bullying. You know exactly what I am talking about. In other threads you enjoy ridiculing my posts or disagreeing with everything I say just for the sake of disagreeing (and not bringing in anything new and helpful to the OP, but *just* to disagree).

I have no idea why, really what is your problem?? Maybe you should go see someone. Because all I'm here for is to help the OP's and they seem to at least appreciate it. But this is one of the most hostile forums I've ever been on (which has been confirned by several PM's from other regulars who feel the same way).

Edited: 4:24 am, June 20, 2013