We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i amsterdam city card

Preston, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
i amsterdam city card

Hey everyone,

Well me and my friends we're going to amsterdam on the 16th of may. I've heard about this I amsterdam city card and i was wondering if it is worth it to buy it or not..we're gonna stay for 4 days..and how much will i save with this card and if i do it how long does it take to get the card?

Thanks and hope to get an answer soon..!

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,336 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i amsterdam city card

Figure out where you're going, how much each place costs, and do the math.

Preston, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: i amsterdam city card

hi ddavis 1950,

thanks for your reply.

we did our research where we wanna go and how much is the entrance for each attraction.

the other thing that worries me is, how long does it take to take the card...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i amsterdam city card

How long does it take to take the card? Do you mean get? You can purchase one after arrival, info on where to purchase here. iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/deals/i-amst…

Brisbane
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i amsterdam city card

The best thing is you escape the crowds buying tickets, if you see a few sites its worth it.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i amsterdam city card

Notle, the card is not valid at several of the popular museums like the Rijks and Anne Frankhuis. The pass is only worth it if the attractions you plan on visiting accept the pass. There is also the Museumkaart which is of better value along with purchasing a GVB transport pass separately. And most of the museums and attractions allow you to purchase tickets online allowing you to bypass the queue.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: i amsterdam city card

I think this I amsterdam card is a rip-off.

They claim on their website that it gives you "free entrance to Amsterdam’s best museums and attractions" but it doesn't get you free entrance to the Rijksmuseum or the Anne Frank House. So which are Amsterdam's "best museums" then? You'll pay €12,50 instead of €15 at the Rijksmuseum but, as far as I can see, there's no benefit at the Anne Frank House. And it costs €42 for (the first) 24 hours, €52 for two days, €62 three days. For €49,50 you can get a Museum Card which will get you into every museum in the country free for twelve months. You do get a canal cruise and city transport with the I amsterdam card, but I reckon that in most cases a Museum Card and a combination of loose tram tickets and walking would be cheaper.

Just sayin'

Preston, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: i amsterdam city card

Hi MrOther,

Thanks for your reply. I believe that Museum Card might be a little be better to buy coz its saves lots of money from the entrances for the museums...From were do i get that card though?

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i amsterdam city card

Museumkaart can be purchased at the Nieuwe Kerk in Dam Square where there is usually no crowd though you could also buy it at any of the museums covered by the Kart.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: i amsterdam city card

Kalia: If you type "where to buy museum card" into the search box above your post, you will quickly come to the answer here http://goo.gl/YUPQJ

I bought my Museum Card in the Stedelijk Museum on Museumplein. There was no queue there. Tell them that you want it activated immediately and then walk over to the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh, if that's where you want to go first.

10. Re: i amsterdam city card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 09, 2014