We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

Dear Friends,

Me and my family, (group of 9 people, 6 of them are on their sixties), are travelling long haul flight to Amsterdam (From Indonesia) and we will arrive at 13 May 2013. I have done my homework of researching 'places of interest', 'some of best of this and that', 'public transportation' and etc.

We rented an apartment at middenweg (close to oosterpark) through AirBnb.

We are not very budget minded, but we do think overall food price at Amsterdam is expensive.

We are not big fans of museum.

We loves shopping bargain.

We loves photos

Here are some highlights on my Itinerary

Day 1: Arrive at Schiphol in the morning, with bus 858 go to Keukenhof. spend noon and afternoon there and back to Amsterdam, where we stay at ibis Central (at Amsterdam Centraal). Have early rest as we have to recover from Jetlag

Day 2: City tour and some walking. Include: Canal Tours, Dam Square, Royal Palaces, Madame Tussaud, kalverstraat, Oude Kerk, Museumplein and maybe albert cuyp market if the time allows

Day 3: Dappermarkt, Zaanse Schans and Volendam

Day 4: Perhaps Madurodam and the hague. Or another round of enjoying the city of amsterdam

Day 5: Meeting an old relatives at Utrecth until lunch, come back to amsterdam for last minute shopping

Please have a comment on my itinerary, some more suggestions will be very much appreciated :)

The only questions i still have in mind is.. given this kind of itinerary where day 3 and day 5 transportation isnt covered by ov chipkaart, do you think it's still worth it to grab the 5days pass?

Many2 thanks! can't wait to get there :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

@RonaldoC i see, so apart from drinking at the bar, what else people usually do after 6PM? does places like chocolate store also close at 6PM?

@Fellina thanks for your reply! i've kind of imagined the crowd at Keukenhof, however, we want to get there really early before all the flowers are headed. Since it will be already mid may, i hope its not as crowded as April.

@Steve LOL yeah. well i've revised my itinerary and will post it here soon.

Btw, how do i edit post? don't see any button with the word 'edit'..

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,003 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

"so apart from drinking at the bar, what else people usually do after 6PM? does places like chocolate store also close at 6PM?"

people think amsterdam is vegas..it is actually a quiet town in the evening ( except for the party areas of course)...you should see some of the small towns..after 5pm usually ghost towns!!

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

Hi, sandycolondam, after five minutes you cannot edit your post anymore.

You can however choose to remove your entire post by clicking on "Report inappropriate content" and choose for "remove my post"

If you only want to go to Volendam for pictures in costume, you might consider this one at the Rokin in Amsterdam. Just mail them and compare prices and decide if it's worth it....

iamsterdam.com/nl-NL/…20Photos

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
83 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

hi BL_henkie, i'm thinking to recreate new post to update my final itineraries :)

thanks for the link of costume photo at rokin! i'll surely email them, but do you have personal experience of which one is better? in term of collections of costums and backdrop.

thanks

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

Yes, do make a new post for your updated final itineraries, that would be more clearly.

I had a picture taken long time ago when i was a little BL_Henkie in Volendam, so no, not really an opinion on it. Here are some Volendam prices for comparision.

http://www.fotoinvolendamkostuum.nl/prijzen/

http://www.fotozwarthoed.com/prijslijst.html

26. Re: Please comment on my 5 days itinerary at Amsterdam :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 08, 2014