We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

I am going to Amsterdam in June for 5 nights with three girlfriends. I would love to visit the new Van Gogh Museum, and get a professional tour guide who could provide us with insight into Van Gogh and his specific works. I can't find anything on the Museum's website about tours. Can anybody recommend any tour or organization who could assist me?

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

kalden.home.xs4all.nl/verm/tourmenuENG.html

Try on of these

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

Very helpful. Thanks, Nicole.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

Your recommendation is exactly what I am looking for. We are not only interested in a private tour of the Van Gogh museum but walking tours focusing on architecture and such. However, I have emailed him twice now trying to start the booking process and he has not responded either time. Could you recommend another company or person that offers private tours.

Thanks.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

nlhunter -

If interested, PM me with particulars. My sister-in-law gives private tours - she is a retired KLM flight attendant with graduate degrees in music anthropology and historic architecture. She has a close friend who gives art tours while not on his job with the city of Amsterdam. Between them I am sure they can handle all your needs.

TA Staff - If this is seen as self promotion, please delete.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

Thanks so much. Is there an email address that I can send you our information?

Nicole.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

ddavis1950@tampabay.rr.com

7. Re: Tour of the Van Gogh Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 14, 2014