We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
1,553 reviews
Save Topic
R-Net Waterland bus schedule

I have searched for a bus schedule so I can plan a day trip to Gouda, Marken and Vollendam using the Waterland bus ticket, but all I can find is the 9292 point to point journey planner. Is there such a thing as a printed bus schedule?

Also, do I have to wait until after 9 am to start my journey.

I saw mentioned to save time take the ferry from Marken to Volendam. Obviously that cost is not covered by the one day bus ticket. What is the cost of the ferry? Do I need to take it round trip. How much time does it save?

Also, I saw there were two different Waterland buses - the regular R-Net (Connexxion) (€10) and the faster R-Net Buzzliner (€15), which claims to be faster and more comfortable. Do they stop in different cities?

Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Marken
Marken
1,094 Reviews
Marken, The Netherlands
Waterland
Waterland
16 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,293 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Hi there,

Weird to see Gouda in the list - definitely not covered by Waterland ticket ;-)

There are online timetables in Dutch at

ebs-ov.nl/reizen-met-ebs/dienstregeling-2013/

but not easy to get a real printed one, they have free leaflets per line.

Both R-net normal and Buzzliner are from EBS, not Connexxion anymore. Buzzliner is mainly commuter lines at rush hour, hence not that relevant for tourists. Waterland tickets, luckily, are all day (also before 9 AM); some other bus companies indeed have solely day cards for offpeak.

See

http://www.markenexpress.nl/index.php?id=9160

for the boat. It's slower than bus on same route but just a separate tourist experience.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Waterland
Waterland
16 Reviews
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,022 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

ebs-ov.nl/reizen-met-ebs/…

You can get pdf files of all EBS lines at this link

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
1,553 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Thanks for youe help - by the way I meanyt Edam - not Gouda - got my cheeses mixed!!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,293 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Great, as cheeseheads (kaaskoppen) we forgive a foreigner those mixups ;-)

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
1,553 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Thank you for your understanding - and my typos. I REALLY wish tripadvisor had spellcheck!!!!!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

is the waterland bus the same as the bus no 110 to Volendam? and bus no 311 from marken back to amsterdam? thx for the help....

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,293 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Yes both are run by EBS and hence covered by Waterland ticket.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Waterland
Waterland
16 Reviews
Reading, PA
Level Contributor
447 posts
1,553 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Just got back and am here to report the Waterland Day Card worked beautifully. The only glitch was finding the bus station which was moved temporarily for repairs.

I started in Edam - which is beautiful.. You have to visit the Old House with the floating basement floor. It is unbelievable. Next stop was Volendam - which was too full of tourist buses. We took the ferry to Marken, which we enjoyed. We went to the museum of folk costumes and the wooden shoe "factory. Next stop was Monnickendam. This was a pretty town and we visited a small museum where we watched the inner workings of the bell tower clock when it chimed 4 pm. Our last stop was Broek in Waterland. This is a very beautiful town consisting of large wooden houses, some of which date from the 1700's. I was told this is where wealthy people from Amsterdam had second homes. This journey took all day but we had a great time.

If you have an extra day and are looking for something to do - I highly recommend this bus ride. It's a deal at 10€.

Mentioned in this post
Waterland
Waterland
16 Reviews
Marken
Marken
1,094 Reviews
Marken, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Thanks for your tripreport, luvroma2!

Ellicott City
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: R-Net Waterland bus schedule

Thanks for your report. You mentioned that your trip started in Edam. Where were you before Edam? We are staying in Amsterdam. We thought about taking the Historic Triangle ticket, and now that I just found your post I'm wondering if we should instead try the Waterland Ticket. Had you considered the Historic Triangle Ticket? Also, when you got to the different cities, how did you find info. about what you are looking at?

Adrienne

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Waterland
Waterland
16 Reviews