We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days to visit 3 cities

Kuantan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
9 days to visit 3 cities

Hi,

We are a small group of 4 and will be arriving in Amsterdam from Kuala Lumpur on 8 April. We have 9 days altogtehr and would like to visit 3 european cities (except for Paris, we've been there). We also plan to visit kukenholf for the tulips. Would 3 days A,sterdam, 3 days brussels and 3 days berlin be good ? Or, is Amsterdam, Switzerland and Germany doable in the 9 days?

Thank you

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,355 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 days to visit 3 cities

You can get around Europe cheaply and easily using budget airlines, so many options are possible.

I know we're hard on Brussels here, but 3 days in Belgium would be better spent in Ghent, Antwerpen or Brugge with day trips to explore. Would you consider renting a car and visiting the Ardennes maybe?

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Berlin and we felt that we short-changed the place. 4 or 5 nights would have been better.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 days to visit 3 cities

Just asking - would you consider cutting back to 2 cities? Think you would enjoy it more.

Backing up what Pala said, I would stay in Amsterdam & Brugge and visit Ghent & Antwerp on day trips.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 days to visit 3 cities

I would stick to 2 Cities too but mine would be Amsterdam & Brussels.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
179 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 days to visit 3 cities

I would also recommend staying in the Low Countries. You will spend enough time on planes to and from Malaysia. In the Netherlands, I believe two days for Amsterdam would be the minimum, and I'd recommend getting out to either Haarlem, Alkmaar, Zaandam (Zaanse Schans) or further to The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Rotterdam, Utrecht, s'Hertogenbosch to get a broader taste of the Netherlands, according to what you will find most interesting.

I also agree you might want to spread out your time in Belgium between more than just Brussels. I believe staying in Antwerp you reasonably well-connected to the rest of Belgium:

1. The Intercity trains from the Netherlands to Belgium as well as the Thalys stop in Antwerp

2. There are direct trains from Antwerp to Ghent, Brugge and Brussels

3. There are direct connections to both Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport) and Zaventem (Brussels Airport)

There are also hotels at reasonable places to be found very close to the central station in Antwerp.

Edited: 4:43 pm, March 16, 2013
5. Re: 9 days to visit 3 cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 18, 2014