We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

n.ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

If I purchase an open single ticket e-ticket (valid for 1 day) from NS website, is this valid on any train travelling from the airport to Central station including the FRYA ?

Thanks in advance

glasgow
Level Contributor
261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

I bet you don't get your ticket checked anyway... Nobody ever comes round.. I've been to Amsterdam nearly 40 times, that makes nearly 80 train journeys to and from airport.. I'd say I've seen an inspector about 4 times in all of that time...

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
n.ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

Thanks for all the replies - the reason I ask is that I don't like queues or waiting and prefer to have as much pre-booked in advance as I can!!

If I buy inline from the FREYA site, can these be used on the standard trains to Central Station.

If I decide to wait and buy on arrival at the airport - what coins do the machines accept

Thanks again for all the advice.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

You buy the tickets from the NS Hispeed site, http://www.nshispeed.nl/en And yes the ticket would be valid on the regular train to Amsterdam Centraal. The ticket machines take .05 - 2 Euro coins.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Hostel Centraal
Hostel Centraal
131 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,983 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

Just one thing to watch out for with those machines. The nice NS people have made them default to selling first class tickets when you select English. Just ignore this and don't pay more than the normal €3,90 for a one way ticket.

There are loads of machines at the airport so I doubt you will have to wait more than a few minutes if anything. Not all the machines take coins though so you have to look for one which does.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

They can be a bit fiddly to use; I spent a good 10 minutes inputting the letter 'C' for my destination Centraal before I realised I needed to select 'A' for my destination Amsterdam Centraal !!

Mentioned in this post
Hostel Centraal
Hostel Centraal
131 Reviews
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

Well there are several Centraal stations across the Netherlands. So if you want to go to the main station in Amsterdam it is Amsterdam Centraal.

Mentioned in this post
Hostel Centraal
Hostel Centraal
131 Reviews
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Malaysia
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

Like I have said earlier, it would be much easier to pre-book in advance and saves time.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

Well I know that now Balou; when I first arrived I was looking for the Centraal station destination though !!!

Mentioned in this post
Centraal Station
Centraal Station
12,775 Reviews
19. Re: E-tickets Schipol Airport to Amsterdam Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 15, 2014