We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OV Chipkaart decision

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
OV Chipkaart decision

I have read many of the posts on this topic and the information on public transportation threads. We will be in Amsterdam for three days, staying at Keizersgracht 618 and focusing out time on visiting the Anne Frank Huis, the Hermitage Museum, the Rijksmuseum, strolling the Jordaan neighborhood, and possibly a day trip to Leiden/Keukenhoff. Naturally, we will need to take the train from Schippol to the central train station upon departure and arrival.

However, our planned itinerary doesn't appear to require the Chipkaart option. Am i thinking about this correctly?

Rudy's Taxi Company
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Taxi Electric
Taxis & Shuttles
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,087 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OV Chipkaart decision

Correct, I don't think the OV Chipkaart is necessary. You can pay for trams when you board, if you even need to use them. It's very easy to get around town without. Buy your train ticket at the station. There's no savings for trains with the chipkaart.

2. Re: OV Chipkaart decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 10, 2014