We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vondelpark to schipol airport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
vondelpark to schipol airport

Hi all. Would really need help from all. I have booked a 7.20am flight on 16th apr, which means i need to reach by 6.20am. I need advice to travel to schipol during this early hours, of course in an economical way. Thx alot

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
278 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

Hi,

Check http://9292.nl/ :) There seem to be enough options, just type in the exact adress you're coming from to get the best solution!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

Bus 197 from the Leidseplein at 5:45 and you would arrive at Schiphol at 6:17 fare 4 euro.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,167 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

The Vondelpark is about 2km long. I know because I just cycled through it. Where exactly are you staying?

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

Hey all, thx for the reply.

RonaldoC, i am staying at stayok vondelpark. Normally, i wld take the tram from leidsplein to amsterdam centre, then the train to schipol. But now, i need to have other options i.e. Change my accommodation to somewhere nearby schipol or central station (i am aware there is midnight schedule).

Balou, are there earlier bus as i am creature of being early than late.

Thx NFD, am looking at it

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,167 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

You can take the tram 1 from the Overtoom to Lelylaan station then train from there. The first airport bus is at 0524 from the Leidseplein. about the last one you can get is the 0545

www.connexxion.nl/dienstregeling/lijn…

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

Once again thx ron. I feel the bus timing is too risky for me..

I hope you do not mind my spilling the beans here...

- my flight to rome is at 720am. Is it norm to be at the airport 1 hr before (620am) or more time is needed?

- i do not mind leaving the stayok hostel as early as 1-2am as long as i can reach schipol early. Either, Tram - central station -schipol or bus - central station - schipol is ok for me. Is the night bus reliable?

- i also wld not mind to relocate my accommodation to nearby schipol or central station if it means convenient. Are there any clean hostel (of stayok quality) around central station to recommend?

- or is it best to arrive the night before and sleep over at schipol aiport instead of all that trouble?

Your advice is greatly appreciate!

Thx

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
278 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

If you only have handluggage 1 hour would be enough, if you need to check in luggage you might wanna take half an hour extra for your own comfort.

From the stayokay hostel it's an easy walk to Leidseplein where you can take a direct bus (197) at 5:24, arriving at 5:56 and 5:03, arriving at 5:29, so you don't really need to relocate or stay at Schiphol. Check out the 9292.nl site i mentioned earlier, just type in 'Zandpad 5, Amsterdam' (the Stayokay) and 'Schiphol'. Your trip will be on a tuesday, so check any tuesday, since it doesn't allow you to plan upfront so late.

Or you can check the full schedule for bus 197 here: www.connexxion.nl/dienstregeling/halte…

For your own comfort i do recommend you however just to locate your busstop somewhere during your stay in Amsterdam, so you know exactly where to walk in the morning.

Edited: 4:39 am, February 25, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,167 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

0620 is plenty of time to check in and get to your flight. Does not give you much leeway though and the airport can be busy at that time of the morning. Check in on line and you can just do a bag drop. They also have self service bag drop at Schiphol now.

As said though the first 197 will get you there way before 0600. They are normally pretty reliable as it's the first bus of the morning. I finish work at 5am and often see the bus go past me on the way back from work. The connexxion site is giving me conflicting info about the first bus but I am fairly sure that 0503 is the first one.

You could take the N97 night bus at 0410 which would get you there before 5 am.

However as previously said the later bus will get you there in time

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

I would suggest to go with Rons suggestion of the N97 night bus, given that you do seem happy to get there early rather than be pushed for time; Once at the airport there are things that will keep you occupied and you can relax prior to your flight rather than worrying if you will be there in your own under pressure time-scales.

Have a good trip.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vondelpark to schipol airport

Thx jue, Nfd, RonC & jue. Appreciate it very much. I am really a creature of habit for being early and i hate murphy's law. Therefore, N97 will be great - which will take me straight to the airport right?

Thx a plenty!