We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

Hi,

We with a 2year old kid will be reaching Amsterdam Schiphol airport on 20th April 2013(Sat) at around 08:30 am. I am very interested in visiting the Keukenoff gardens but very confused weather to go there on Sat the day of the parade or on Sunday. We anyways have plans of seeing the parade in Haarlem on Sat evening as it might be less crowded there.

So if we go to Keukenoff on Sat we will just go around the garden and near by area may be from 9:30 to 2 or 3pm approximately(I dono how many hrs we may need in keukenoff,) and leave to Amsterdam after that n then to Haarlem. But I am very worried about the crowd and if we will be able to manage with the public transport on Sat especially while going back to Schipol airport by bus from Keukenoff at around 3pm.

Or will it be easier with the public transport on Sunday 21st and will it be a bit less crowded then on the flower parade day?.

Please suggest when will be a better day to visit keukeonoff : flower parade day i.e on Saturday or Sunday?

What do you guys suggest? Worried because we have a small kid and might be difficult if have to wait for a long time for the bus, traffic jam and the crowd.

Any advise on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanam

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,744 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

It strikes me that you have done your research and have outlined your options pretty well. Given that, I'm not sure that any of us can really contribute any further. In the end it is your call to make.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

My guess would be that it is better on the sunday. I would try to be there when the park opens.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

Parade day is always the busiest day of the season. So I would advise to chose the sunday for visiting the Keukenhof. The same is for public transportation.

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

Thanks all, will visit Keukenhof on Sunday.

5. Re: Is 20th or 21st April 2013 better day to visit Keukenoff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 21, 2014