We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying vinyl records

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
buying vinyl records

does anyone know best places to buy second hand vinyl records in amsterdam

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
736 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: buying vinyl records

I just came back from a record buying trip in Amsterdam and London. The shops I visited were:

Rush Hour - Spuistraat 98 - mostly soul hip-hop and house - all vinyl

Record Friend - St. Antoniesbreestraat 64 - mixed bag of everything, plus a big cheap jazz section, friendly owner. all vinyl.

Velvet Records - Rozengracht 40 - mostly CDs but a mixed selection of new vinyl

Wax Well - Gasthuismolensteeg 8 - used jazz n rock vinyl only shop. Friendly owner! He's willing to ship your purchases back home wherever that may be even if you didn't buy them all at his shop. Didn't need that but that was very friendly to offer.

Concerto - Utrechtstraat nr Rembrandtplein - HUGE shop. they have a LOT of new vinyl. Lots of CDs and DVDS too.

Amstel Antiques - Amstel 110 nr Muntplein - Antique shop with a pretty big used vinyl selection

Waterlooplein flea market - has a few stalls with vinyl, found some stuff there.

There was another place I meant to go to, Second Life Records - Prinsengracht 366 - but they are only open 1-6pm and didn't make it over there those hours.

Edited: 3:45 pm, December 08, 2013
12. Re: buying vinyl records

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 10, 2014