We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Airport

kuwait
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Schiphol Airport

My father is traveling on KLM via Schiphol. I want to arrange for him a guide/service to take him from arrival gate to his departure gate. He is healthy walking person. I found this company called Axxicom Airport Services which charge Euro 160 for this service. I would like to know if anyone here have a suggestion or know of other companies that cost less. Something around Euro 60.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Schiphol Airport

160 to transfer a person to his gate?..thats crazy. schiphol terminals are in one big building. can he not handle this himself?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schiphol Airport

Why would you not contact the airline and ask for someone to meet your father at his arrival gate for assistance? klm.com/travel/…index.htm

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,593 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schiphol Airport

€160 to take someone from one gate to another? Who do I write to for an application form?

4. Re: Schiphol Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:17 am, February 12, 2013
kuwait
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schiphol Airport

Ronaldo , Thank you for your input. I dont appriete that you compare my father with a camlete idiot. Its just that I want to take care of him. otherwise, he insists that everything will be fine.

I have traveled through most of major airports myself with no issues, but the problem with my father is that he doesnt speak english and he never traveled in last 15 years. I must say again. its just me who wants to take care of him.

I also believe Euro 160 is outrages. Thank you all for your help

kuwait
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schiphol Airport

@Balou1999 : I contacted KLM. they dont have meet and assist service. Although my father is over 70 hewill not pretend that he is a disable while he is perfectly fine.

I guess, I will trust him now , when he says he will be fine and mange it.

Thank you

7. Re: Schiphol Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:17 am, February 12, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schiphol Airport

So all is fine then!

Apparently he is not a complete idiot so he will do fine without assistance.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schiphol Airport

If you want to help your father then do as Ron asked and tell us where he is coming from and going to. Then we can give you directions and other info to make it easier for him. I understand that English is not your first language but nobody insulted your father!

Edited: 4:31 pm, February 11, 2013
kuwait
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schiphol Airport

@bongoblog, thank you so much. he will be traveling from Toronto to Kuwait. I already printed the gate map for him and explained to him how to look up for his gate and to be alert in case a gate change was announced.

Edited: 12:25 am, February 12, 2013