We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River boat to hotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
River boat to hotel

My husband and I (older but fairly fit) are taking a river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam and staying in that city exploring on our own for several days at the end. Since I am not sure where the boat docks, how easy is it to get a taxi from the river to the Hotel Wiechman (on Prinsengracht). Can taxis even go on those narrow streets in the canal ring or will we have to take our bags by hand all the way? Thanks for any advice.

HelenR

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River boat to hotel

Yes cars can drive along the canalside. Taxi will be about 8 euros. The boats dock on the river behind Central Station (although some further along but that will make a difference of about 2 euros to the cab. Call TCA on 020 777 7777.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River boat to hotel

Hotel Wiechman is accessible by taxi. More than likely your river cruise will dock behind Centraal Station or just to its East. The taxi fare will be about €10.

Boston...
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River boat to hotel

Thank you both! I always get such a quick response - I am impressed.

HelenR

4. Re: River boat to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 28, 2013