We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Amsterdam

7 posts
Save Topic
Getting around Amsterdam

Hello I know this sounds silly but please can someone help. I am taking a ferry to the hook of holland but cannot find appropriate websites for tram bus metro and train maps :( please can someone help me ...also I am going around new years so if anyone has any usefull tips they would be appreciated

Many thanks

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Amsterdam

website for train inside NL: www.ns.nl

Website for tram, bus, metro in amsterdam: www.gvb.nl

in the top questions you can find information about public transportation in amsterdam: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda…

and with the search box you can find information about travelling from Hook of Holland to Amsterdam by train.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Amsterdam

9292.nl compiles train and transit schedules.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Amsterdam

Go to a coffeeshop - at least until midnight. Afterwards you might not be able to.

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Amsterdam

If you are looking for a map, as opposed to the route planner given by Nring, try this railway map:

5. Re: Getting around Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 25, 2013
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now