We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weed advice

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
weed advice

Finally done it guys! Finally booked my trip to the dam for the 22nd november :-)! I just wanted to know im not a regular dopehead to be honset havent touched the stuff in years & dont plan to smoke throughout my whole trip i just want to smoke say maybe one joint but as im not used to it do they sell mild weed in amsterdam? Or could you suggest something quite weak. 23yo female

Likely To Sell Out
Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields...
1,728 Reviews
from $73.80*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam...
2,389 Reviews
from $73.80*
Special Offer
Zaans Schans Windmills, Tulips...
456 Reviews
from $123.80*
$147.60
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weed advice

the bud tender is your friend..he doesnt want the hassle of a newbie whiting out in his/her shop. tell the budtender what you just told us..he will set you up with a milder strain.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weed advice

i wouldnt buy a pre-rolled joint if you're not used to weed tbh, as they are quite large and you could end up smoking more than you can handle. Tell the budtender that you arent a frequent smoker, they'll direct you to a mild strain, and smok a little at a time to build up your high/stone

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weed advice

The pre-rolled are usually the mildest though, as they want to earn extra money by putting in as little of the good stuff inside.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weed advice

Just buy a pre-rolled joint and only smoke half of it, then if you are still ok after 40 mins smoke the rest of it easy peasy, if you get a whitey from that then just give it a miss and stick to a beer or 2.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weed advice

half of it to start off?...geez...i say about a 1/4 of it..lay it down, rate the buzz that gets you..

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weed advice

Plenty of info on the following site. http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weed advice

Even though I have been in Amsterdam numerous times, I had not smoked any weed in over 30 years (used to be a full time stoner in college). The budtender at Barney's Lounge hooked me up with a pre-rolled joint of their mildest tea mixed with tobacco. After the obligatory coughing and hacking (can you imagine?) I found it to be quite pleasant and exactly what I was looking for - great to walk around town and enjoy the sights. That one joint was good for 2 to 3 more sessions.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weed advice

Jeez when i am in the Dam i don't even get out of bed before I've had a big fat doobie.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weed advice

you will be in town at the end of th Cannabis Cup, liek they all said just tell the bud tender what you asked here, he will help you out.

enjoy your visit,

i also will be in town during your visit , it you need any help just let me know

Peace matty

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

Manchester, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weed advice

I am a 23yo female also going to Amsterdam on the 22nd of november thinking the exact same thing I want to see all there is culturally but perhaps spend one evening trying out the local pastime! I've heard the further away from the city centre the more reasonably priced the coffee shops are, are you travelling alone?

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands