We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

I did a search and found only older posts. May I have suggestions as to an inexpensive canal cruises for Amsterdam? I also understand there is one close to the Anne Frank House. We want to go there have read that it is better to do this stop later in the afternoon for the lines are shorter, so it might be a good one to research and we could be dropped off there at the end of our canal cruise. Thanks and keep traveling.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

The usual cruises are between 8 and 16 dollars and they are all much of a muchness. The boats near to Central Station are expensive. The ones further out and for example the ones on rokin near the mint are cheaper. Since you would do well to book a slot for the Ann Frank House I suspect you should not link them. You do understand the cheaper rates are about 8 Euros and the expensive rates are about 16 Euros.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

Thanks so much for the quick info. Do you get to see as much with the cheaper rates such as the 8 Euros ones? Sounds like we may want to go to Rokin. Also, thanks for the clue as to booking a slot for the Anne Frank House. I take it that we can book a time slot on-line. We are just beginning our research, and you have been very helpful. :)

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

What is it precisely that you want? Normal one hour cruises are from 8.50 to 12 euro with Plas and Kooij on the Damrak or Rokin the cheapest The stop on the Prinsengracht is part of the 24 hour Hop On Hop Off canal boat which costs 24 euro.

Anne Frank House is best visited like Ponte said with a time slot booking.

Yes, there are no difference between the 8.550 and 12 euro cruises, all one hours.

The Blue boat near the Central Station is 15 euro, durations is 1.5 hour and it has a open raft in the back which is nice when the wether is ok

Edited: 8:39 pm, October 22, 2012
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

Sounds like we want the Rokin for the cheapest cruise. Thanks!

Edited: 9:12 pm, October 22, 2012
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

www.amsterdam.info/museums/museumkaart/

This may help if you are visiting a few days. You can still book a time slot for the Ann Frank House for 50 Euro cents. Check it out.

Edited: 10:30 pm, October 22, 2012
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

Thanks so much, pontevecchio5! Very helpful!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

Sorry, I meant 8-16 Euros and not USD in my original reply.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,278 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

The boat cruise at the Rokin was 9 or 9,50 Euros when we did it this summer.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

We did the Canal Cruise here on Rokin last week. It cost 9 Euro and was great fun.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive Canal Cruises?

If you get this ticket for 15 euros it will include a tour with the Lovers boat (normal price 14 euros) and four other attractions, good deal.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k58251…

lovers.nl/en/…