We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof info

Lawrenceburg, TN
Level Contributor
54 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Keukenhof info

I am planning a Spring time trip to Europe and want to include the Keukenhof Gardens. I would hope that the beauty is at its peak, but at the early opening date of March 21 I am not sure. Can you tell me if full beauty of the Gardens can be seen in the first few weeks?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,899 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof info

I ti s entirely dependant on the weather to be honest. I would say mid April would be a good time

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof info

yeah, mid to late april...late april it is pretty much assured you will have tulips in full bloom regardless of severity of winter.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof info

Will it say on their website closer to the time? We're planning a trip for the 1st week of April and if the tulips are blooming we'll do Keukenhof but if nothing's blooming yet we'll do something else.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof info

From the opening time of Keukenhof I will post a weekly Flower Update of the Keukenhof. (see my posts of last years)

The best time to see the flowers really depends on the weather (and temperature) during winter time. So until March 2013 we can not predict what the best flower time will be.

Generally the best time to see fields full with tulips is the last two weeks of april. And a lot of tulips are headed on the 30th of April. The daffodils, hyacints and crocus fields are normally flowering earlier than the tulips. (end of March, beginning of April)

Inside the Keukenhof there is always something nice to see. It has large indoor displays where you can see different flowers. Last years they had a big indoor tulip festival in the greenhouse during the first weeks of opening.

See some pictures of last season here: flickr.com/photos/…

Nina

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof info

That's right, when the Keukenhof is open there is always plenty to see.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,899 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof info

Hey Nring congrats on being a DE for Lisse. When did that happen? You are always a fountain of great info on the tulip season.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof info

Thank you Ronaldo!

I became DE for Lisse last April during the busy tulip season. :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof info

Thanks (in advance) for posting updates. I'll keep an eye out when it gets closer.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keukenhof info

Hi there, My wife, Jean, and I spent a couple of days at Keukenhof Gardens, near Lisse. We always knew that The Netherlands (Holland) was famous for its tulips. As gardeners, seeing the gardens at Keukenhof, just simply took our breath away! It was amazing. Without a doubt, Keukenhof Gardens is the world’s biggest outdoor gardens. For those who might like to see some pictures from our trip, they are at: frametoframe.ca/photo-essay-tulips-keukenhof…

While in Holland, Jean and I also spent a day at the village of Zaanse Schans where we got to see their large collection of windmills. For us, a trip to Holland just wouldn’t have been complete without seeing windmills in action. If anyone would like to check out the variety of windmills that we saw, they are at: frametoframe.ca/photo-essay-windmills-holland

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keukenhof info

Bob and Jean thank you for posting a beautiful photo report of the Keukenhof, flower fields and windmills! Lovely to read!

Nina