We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

Am travelling to Amsterdam for the game against Manchester City. Due to baggage restrictions we cannot bring a couple of guitars. We would like to find a bar where there are a couple of guitars so that we can have a good old singalong and spend plenty money.

Near the ground would be ideal...we play for no fee!!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

you won't find anything like that near the ground, as the ground is far from the city center.

You might wanna try The Last Waterhole on Leidseplein.

Live (rock) music every night and jam sessions now and then in which you might be able to join in.

http://www.waterhole.nl/

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

how far from the ground is it?

How much for a taxi to the ground from there and will there be any footbal fans there?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

what is "the ground"?

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

the ground means the stadium

birmingham
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

where is your hotel Nigel? are you staying in the centre ? I guess you will be out there before the game..... take the train from centraal station to the game,do plenty of research otherwise this will be a very expensive trip. Taxi on a match day is a big no

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

thanks for the help....we are flying in around 10.30am and flying back @ midnight so we are not staying over

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

From Arena boulevard ("The ground") to Leidseplein is 20 plus minutes with the taxi, cost around 20 euros. 40 minutes with public transport. Lots of fans there as Leidseplein is one of the hotspots to follow the game outside the stadium.

Edited: 1:19 pm, October 13, 2012
birmingham
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

with that short time I would stay central then, if you land at say 10:30 you could be in Amsterdam by say 11:15 , kick off is I guess 8 so depending when you want to get the ground you'll have 7ish hours to play with , once you arrive I guess it won't be hard to find the city fans but if you want to explore jump on the 5 tram to leidseplein, after the game I guess the best bet would be to head straight to the airport

Edited: 4:11 pm, October 13, 2012
Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

are there any bars with guitars on the route to the stadium?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,863 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bars with guitars in AMSTERDAM ...help for Ajax game

If your homebound flight is at midnight then it will be very tight for you to get out of the ground and get to the airport. The match will not finish until 10:50 given injury time. You need to get to Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA station to catch a direct train to the airport which will take around 15 minutes. You really need to get the 23:15 at the latest otherwise you are going to miss your flight back. I am guessing this is a charter flight?