We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best steak in central area

birmingham
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best steak in central area

Where can I get a reasonably priced good quality steak close to station/dam square ? restriction on area as need to be close to staion as this will be last meal before flight home, better than overpriced airport sandwich. thanks

London
Level Contributor
869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best steak in central area

Forget the steak, have a Waygu Beef Burger at Burger Bar on Warmoesstraat.

If you've never had one, they are Absolutely amazing. Better than most steaks I've had!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best steak in central area

Cau on Damstraat is the only one in the area I would recommend. But Burger Bar is a good final meal for Amsterdam.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best steak in central area

I wouldn't even recommend Cau. OP was asking for a " reasonably priced" place and Cau is upmarket, price wise.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best steak in central area

I fully agree with the Waygu Beef Burger at Burger Bar on Warmoesstraat suggestion.

I had that one too and it was absolutely amazing! One of the best meat experiences ever :)

Don't take any of the optional toppings, just the plain beef, it's out of this world.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best steak in central area

We eat a lot of steaks and if you love filet mignon then the best we have found is at an Italian restaurant called Saturnino. Our favorite is the filet mignon with truffles sauce. Their filet mignon is consistently of a very high quality and melts in your mouth it is so tender.

http://www.saturnino.nl/

Reguliersdwarsstraat 3-5 :: 1017BJ Amsterdam :: T.: +31 (0)20 6390102

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best steak in central area

went to a place last week, RED on the keizergracht, i thought it was reasonably priced, 2 steaks shared friees and salad and a bottle of wine with tip cost 70-80 euro

birmingham
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best steak in central area

Thanks for all the suggestions :) looked them up and all look good,is Burger Bar new ? I was in Amsterdam in June and didn't notice it? will certainly check that out one night

Thanks for the tip Lenny that place looks nice, got some good choices for meals now

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best steak in central area

The Burger Bar near the RLD has been open since last fall.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best steak in central area

hi , without a doubt a very high quality steak in Sebastiano's .....ie Saturninos as suggested above ..I have eaten there for the past 15 years eversince he opened and have never had anything other than a good to superb meal..It is an authentic Sicilian/Italian restaurant and booking for dinner is advisable especially at weekends..

Also very good and more a typical Steakhouse .http://www.alargentino.nl/

I eat there on a regular basis and can say the meat is always excellent ..This one of course is only a 5 minute walk from Cenraal Station .... geoff

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,430 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best steak in central area

Had dinner tonight at Saturninos it was very good. The steak was tender and delicious. Melts in your mouth like Lenny said. Just off the Leidsestraat so you can jump the next tram to Centraal.