We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

6 am to 3 pm

Hello Everyone,

I will be travelling to Amsterdam from Paris for a week end. I will be arriving at 6 am in Amsterdam Amstel train station (after 8 hours travel from Paris) in Euroline and my hotel my hotel check in time will be around 03 pm in the afternoon. Can anyone please help me out for suggestions for a place where I can refresh. Is there any paid WC in amsterdam.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Edited: 5:11 am, October 03, 2012
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

Are you looking for a clean public toilet to shave and wash your face or a place to shower? If the first then of course there are plenty of places including a €0.50 washroom at the Amstel train station where you arrive. And of course you can just go to your hotel to drop off your bags and use their washroom. This last strategy has the advantage of also checking at the hotel if they don't already have an open room you can check into earlier than the official 3 PM check-in time.

If you are looking for a place to shower then I don't know of any places like that unless you go to a public swimming pool for example and pay the usually very small entrance fee and just use their shower. I don't know how they will react, if at all, to the fact that you have a lot of luggage in tow. That you can of course solve by first dropping off your bags at the hotel.

Where is your hotel and I can if you want let you know where the closest pools are and how to get there. Which again is something you can ask at your hotel even at 7 AM.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

Freshing up at you hotel is probably the best solution.

There is one (yes, one) bathhouse in Amsterdam left, but i don't know if it's worth the trouble to hop on the tram for 25 minutes to get there..

http://www.saunadacosta.nl/

1,50 euro for a shower..

Edited: 6:07 am, October 03, 2012
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

And the bathhouse mentioned (didn't know about it - Henkie is a wealth of info!) is only open at limited times and days:

Opening times Badhuis (this is for the shower and bath facility versus the full sauna)

Tuesday 12:00 tot 18:30

Thursday 12:00 tot 18:30

Saturday 10:00 tot 16:30

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,093 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

3 pm is an outside range or target from the hotel.

In over 20 trips to Amsteram I have never had to wait until 3 pm even once to check in.

In fact on a few occassions I have been in my room by 9 am.

It depends on how busy they are from the night before, it depends on you and a nice first meet with the desk clerk.

My advice is to go directly to your hotel.

Make you plea.

Drop off your bags and if needed go out for a few hours.

There is no for sure when you will get in the room but my guess is that it wil be long before 3 pm.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,432 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

I've had hotels in other cities let me use the shared bathroom before I could check in. I don't know if where you're staying has shared baths, but it might be an option.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

So if you are indeed staying at the Flying Pig it should be no problem.

7. Re: 06 am to 03 am @ amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 14, 2013