We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam highlights.

Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Amsterdam highlights.

Hello,

I will be travelling to Paris in early July this year. I would like to go Amsterdam from Paris. Could you tell me the convenient way to go to Amsterdam and I just have 1-2 days for Amsterdam.Where should I go. Can I stop at Belgium on the way to Amsterdam. I am from an Asian country and this is my first trip to Europe.

I wonder If there is any good hotel of around $US70 in Paris and Amsterdam.

Thanks for your help.

Thien

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Amsterdam highlights.

I noticed in a later post that you are taking the Thalys to Paris the same day you have a flight from CDG

A couple of years ago we did this at a time we were living for a month in Paris -- on our return trip (and the train was full of people heading for CDG flights) due to several untoward events, the train ended up being 4 hours late into Paris and many people lost their flights

They did return our ticket price but I don't know how the missed flight situation was dealt with -- I doubt the train payed for that

Most of the time this would be no problem but personally I always make sure that I arrive in a city the day before a high stakes connection like an international flight unless it is a matter of being booked through on an airline where the airline takes responsibility for delays.

Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Amsterdam highlights.

Thanks Grace for your information. Usually I never take that risk, this time I just have 2 days for Paris and Amsterdam. Maybe I will reconsider my plan for sure.

Thank you.