We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mastercard/atm

boston
14 posts
Save Topic
mastercard/atm

i am VERY confused about the atm situation...i have a card that i use to get money that is hooked up to my bank account, but it is also a mastercard...

my concern though is that since it's not "cirrus," "maestro" or "plus" i won't be able to use it to get cash, even though it's also a mastercard..

help...anyone??

Chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mastercard/atm

Hello- I just returned from Amsterdam a short while ago and before I left I had similar concerns about ATM card usage. Look on the BACK of your card. If you do not see a cirrus, maestro, or star logo I would ask your bank directly if you will be able to use your card there. I have a star logo on the back of my card and had no problems whatsoever. Before I left people told me there are ATM's everywhere in Amsterdam. There are plenty of ATM's but they are not quit as prevelant as they are in the states. Here you can't go 2 feet without running into an ATM....you have to look a little in Amsterdam. Again, you won't have trouble finding one but they aren't on every corner either. I would also check with your bank to see if there are any additional charges for using your debit card to make purchases or for withdrawing cash with it in Amsterdam as some banks tack on a extra fee. Have fun....Amsterdam is a really really neat city. Had a great time and so will you.

Mentioned in this post
Fun Amsterdam Tours
Fun Amsterdam Tours
238 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands