We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Hello,

My husband, 2 sons, and I are planning a trip to Amsterdam at the beginning of August. We like to shop (quirky/funky shops rather than high end designer or chain stores). We also like to bike and eat.

I just looked into houseboat rentals a little bit. It appears that quite a few of them are near Westelijke. What is this area like? Is it centrally located? Is it safe? Is it near shops/restaurants? Thanks.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Can you post an actual address or a link to the site advertising the boat? Also, I would try one of the following sites. Most of there houseboats are in the City Center. http://www.houseboathotel.nl/ https:/…headeranchor

Peace

Michigan
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Here is one of the links. Thanks.

apartments-houseboats-amsterdam.com/uk/…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

That is kinda far out at least 20 minutes by public transit. Ideally you want something in within the S100 if you zoom in once on the map from the link you provided.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

See my review on bedandbreakfastboat

Southern California
Level Contributor
149 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Hi Balou1999,

Since you've posted this link, I presume you agree this is a reputable agency? I've been inquiring about available houseboats and apartments, and just want to verify before I finalize a rental. Thank you very much

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

I booked through amsterdam.citymundo.com

There were pictures and the process was very straightforward. I'll send a report when I return, but I went to houseboats because the hotels are packed during the week I wanted.

manchester UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

I don't know if you have sorted out any booking somewhere, but if not, I can recommend a houseboat. Just message me. I intend to post a review once I return home from the Netherlands.

Southern California
Level Contributor
149 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

Thank you. apologies for the delayed reply...if in fact it was for me. We ended up passing on the houseboat idea and ended up at a B&B instead, which we liked very much. The room was on the first floor overlooking one of the canals, so while not directly on the water, we had a great view of it. We did check out a few of the rental houseboats we were able to identify and while we like the idea, we would be inclined to return to the B&B for the accommodations, view and hosts. I hope you enjoyed your trip...we certainly did. Thanks, again.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

What was the B& B you stayed at, were there a lot of steps? We're going in the spring Thank you

10. Re: Houseboat Rentals in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 17, 2014