We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. Would a 4 day trip to Amsterdam be enough time? We have the option to extend to 5 days - should we do that instead?

2. We have found an apartment located at the Old Harbour (Prins Hendrikkade). What is the area like and is it easy enough to walk/catch public transport to major attractions?

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

IMO 5 days would be better , but I would say that !!!

Your location is fine , just a short walk to Centraal Station , where most trams and buses start and finish. Also handy for the Canal Bus (boat).

You wont be able to seee everything properly in 5 days , but it gives you a better chance than 4.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

Thanks for your quick reply. :)

I will take your advice and extend to 5 days, and thanks for your opinion on the location.

Since posting I found positive reviews of the apartment, so I feel very good about my choices!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

yw 47ronin , hope you have a nice stay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

Hi 47ronin,

Which site have you booked the apartment via?

Basically agree with Geoff's posting. A lifetime will never be enough for me but 5 days is just about the right amount of time!

Location is excellent and as Geoff says handy for trams and buses.

Have fun and maybe you can give me some tips on Dublin some day, It's on my list but I never make it there, I keep going back to the Dam!!!!!!:-)

Piglet

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Location and length of stay in Amsterdam

piglet,

I stumbled across the apartment's website via a Google search. http://www.oldharbour.nl/index.html

Unfortunately, the apartment isn't available for our dates so the search continues.

I've only been in Dublin for a year but would be happy to pass on any tips if/when you decide to visit!