We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Just got back from amsterdam, was really looking forward to checking out the 'ice bar' thought it would be good fun. It wasn't, it's 20 Euros each, with that you get a free 'shot' (watered down punch juice) then you have to sit through the most awful music video that they have made themselves, then this big build up by a polar bear on the tv screen, the coats don't fit properly and the gloves are a health risk, i felt dirty just putting them on.

Your ushered into a corridoor and told not to take pictures ect....Then the big moment arrives...she open thes the doors to a glorified walk in freezer! Some ice blocks a dodgey ice sculpture or two and that is it, it's tiny, with no actual bar in sight, they hand you another watered down cockatil.....then we left. I was horrified! We told the manager what we thought and he said they had, had a few complaints lately. It's very small and poorly put together, in fact it would be better suited for children, not adults. I was throughly annoyed having spent 40Euros on that when everything else in amsterdam is so expensive too.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Ehm, yeah, Ice Bar is what we call a genuine tourist trap :) So are many bars and "restaurants" on and around Dam square..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,037 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

The only thing not frozen is their prices.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

.......and if you had checked on here before you went there you wouldn't have bothered going.

Not your fault. There just isn't much point in winging on here about it after the fact.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Actually, there is a point to their post, because of their detailed review, i wont be going to the ice bar.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

And the ice cups can 'burn' your lips despite the vodka!! To be avoided, along with the Majestic and EuroPub!!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

If you're from Herne Bay in Auckland, why would you just not go to the ice bar down in the Viaduct? I've been once - it sounds just as gimmicky!

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

No different and no more expensive than any other of the ice bars in Europe !

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

so it's rated nr. 244 out of 248 best things to do and you still decide to gooo...

Oh well, next time look here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g188590-d7…

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Plan a trip to Winnipeg Canada, in Jan - March. The entrance to ICE BAR are free.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ice Bar amsterdam-AVOID

Do you think i can make a fortune by running an actual ice bar where people can sit down and order drinks and making pictures of themselves :-) ?