We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance hotel

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madeira Beach, FL
7 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance hotel

We are going to Amsterdam in March and staying at the Renaissance for a reduced rate of 60 us dollars per night. Has anyone stayed there? Is the location good? I read somewhere that everything close to that area is more expensive. Should we venture further away for bars, coffee shops, etc?

Level Contributor
440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance hotel

It's a bargain! Have you read the reviews on this site? They're pretty positive.

The location is smack in the centre of town. For my taste that part, so close to Central Station, is a bit seedy, but a five minute walk will take you to all the best parts.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance hotel

I stayed there in June and it's a decent hotel. You shouldn't be disappointed, especially at that price!

The area around the hotel is actually very nice provided you venture away from the direction of Centraal Station.

It's in a great location although I do prefer the areas nearer to Leidseplein for going out in the evening. The hotel is on some good tram lines so you can get around the city easily enough.

Madeira Beach, FL
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance hotel

Thanks so much for the info! I am so excited about the trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance hotel

Hi pbs,

Have stayed there twice via Priceline for an excellent rate but not as good as yours!

Its a very good hotel and you will be impressed for the money you paid. I wouldn't think breakfast is included for that rate and from memory is quite expensive so I wouldn't bother. There are loads of good places in the vicinity to have breakfast.

The location is excellent. The 1,2 and 5 trams plus several others run more or less straight past so it's very convenient.

It's no more expensive than anywhere else in the centre so I wouldn't worry about that.

The only thing is that it's not far from the small red light area on Singel but you can avoid it if you want to.

Hope this helps.

Piglet