We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

Hi there,

Has anyone used Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals to book an apartment. The website looks excellent, but I wanted to make sure that they are a reputable company.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

Booked with Amsterhomes 15/11/2012-19/11/2012 and regret that I did!! They lied and told me the keys to the apartment were missing before I boarded the plane but they would have set by my arrival.When I arrived I received a text message telling me somehow someone else had checked into my apartment that afternoon. With no keys!? They put us in an apartment next to the one we originally booked on the singel. It was beautiful, but we only had it for the night. We were told to check out at 12 pm the next day and we'd be given another apartment similar to what we booked. After 5 phone calls and a 3 gr wait in the cold with our cases we were sent to an apartment in the Jordaan. Beautiful area, shame about the apartment!! It was over a sushi takeaway, grubby, dated and looked like someone had just left. Old food in the fridge, dirty microwave and dead flowers on the table. The bedding had been washed but was stained. Big warning about mice which put me on edge all weekend.Not happy at all where they put us. It was a surprise for my husbands birthday which amsterhomes managed to ruin. The greeter told us that double bookings happen all the time. Avoid them like the plague If you want a stress free break

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

No worst company ever do not book with them - booked with them and could not even contact them the day we arrived ! when we did put f of us in a 1 bedroom apartment !! as they had already let are pre booked apartment out!!!!

DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

Also tried to write to them after and ignored all correspondence !

Am still seeting three months later!

DO NOT BOOK WITH GET READY AMSTERDAM

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

ALSO APPLIES TO AMSETERHOME - WORST THAN GRA !!!!!!!!!!

Contact no they give had no english speaking people and no one met us !!!

COWBOYS i tell you!!!!

1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

I think they have now gone out of business. No one answers the phone and the emails are returned as undeliverable.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

DO NOT use Amsterhome.com - they will at any chance rip you off. There website makes them look good but they may not give your deposit back or they may even try to double charge you. Me and my friend were dealing with them and they charged my friend the full amount, then when I picked up the keys, the charged me the full amount as well. I never go tthe money back.

Amsterhome are con artists and will rip you off. The appartment we hired was dirty and we totally got ripped off. DONT USE THEM

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

Amsterhome double charged me as well. Let's just say our vacation was a complete mess. The apartment we originally booked was not honoured. I filed a complaint with both the Netherlands Tourism Board and got my money back. I strongly suggest those who have been scammed to do the same.

18. Re: Get Ready Amsterdam Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2015