We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Property inAmsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,744 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Property inAmsterdam

I am thinking about buying a small apartment in Amsterdamand woudl appreciate some advice in this matter.

To buy property in Amsterdam, do you need to be a resident? or indeed a dutch citizen?

I have dual nationality including a British passport (EEC).

Can anyone recommend any reputable websites that may help me , including maybe an ex pat site or real estate sites.

I know I am asking a lot and maybe not even on the right forum, but all help appreciated.

Thank You.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Property inAmsterdam

Hello

See http://www.funda.nl/koop/

But i think that this site is in Dutch ?

Vic

Level Contributor
440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Property inAmsterdam

Thank god you don't have to be a citizen to own property! The middle ages are over!

www.nvm.nl has a section in English. NVM is de Nederlandse Vereniging van Makelaars, or Dutch Association of Realtors; all reputable realtors will be affiliated.

www.funda.nl is in Dutch, but it has this convenient "map" device (http://www.funda.nl/koop/kaart.asp), where you can just click through and zoom in to neighborhood or street level to see all places for sale by all NVM realtors, with description and price..

My advice: browse Funda to see if there's something you like, then look for a realtor through the NVM site. I don't need to add this warning I think: Don't buy before you've actually seen and liked the place. Good luck

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,744 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Property inAmsterdam

Thanks Guys for your help. Much appreciated:)