We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Gal visiting in March

Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Single Gal visiting in March

I'm a 31 year old single woman who will be visiting Amsterdam in late March/ early April. I haven't decided if I should stay 7 /10/or 14 days as there is so much to see and do!

What's a single gal to expect travelling alone in Amsterdam? I'm pretty laid back and just want to enjoy the culture of this city.

Any feedback would be great!!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Gal visiting in March

Well there is nothing whatsoever for you to be concerned about. You'll have a great time. A single female traveller is nothing unusual in Amsterdam.

The time you stay is up to you ,but you wont run out of things to do , even in 14 days.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Gal visiting in March

Hello

If you are going to stay longer take the train for a 3-4 day trip to Paris?

See www.ns.nl or www.Thalys.com

it is a 3.5 hr trip

Vic

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Gal visiting in March

Hi,

I think if you're coming all the way from Virginia, seven days in Amsterdam would be sufficient. You could then have seven days somewhere else. Would be a shame to come all this way and only see one place.

No need to worry about being on your own in Amsterdam, theres so many visitors to the city that you wont feel out of place or like you stand out. Which, in turn, means that in all the places you are likley to go, it will be safe enough too.

It's an easy enough city to get around, be it on foot, by bike, or tram

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Gal visiting in March

I went to amsterdam by myself last year. I was there 2 weeks and it wasnt enough!Didnt have any problems at all. Never saw any crime. I was told to avoid a certain coffee shop because of the ruff crowd that lurks there. So of course thats the first one I went to.When I went inside the "ruff" crowd turned out to be a bunch of retired people smoking cones! I will be back there in feb for 2 weeks again. Cant wait! Use common sense don't carry cameras out in the open. Keep your eye on your things in the coffeeshops and on the street. You will have a great time.

Level Contributor
917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Gal visiting in March

Bet you won't stay single for long ;-)