We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

I assume the city center?

If anyone has some 'must do's' I'm all ears. Can't wait to come see this beautiful city.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

It all depends on what you are in to!!

Bars, restaurants, clubs and general entertainment are to be found in and around the Rembrantplein or Leidseplein areas. Hotels here include Marriott, American, Park hotels around the Leidseplein or Schiller, Eden or Caransa around the Rembrantplein; the Banks Mansion hotels sits between both locations.

If you are into Museums, then a hotel in the Museum quarter may suit you better; if you want to be near the RLD, then the Krasnapolsky, or Swissotel or Grand Hotel may be best.

We also ned some idea of your budget; most of the hotels I have mentioned are mid- upper price range; if you want something cheaper, let us know; the more info you give us, the more we can help you! ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

I think we will be eating out for breakfast/lunch/dinner and hopefully going out dancing at night. We would love to do a bit of shopping.

I hope we strap on the running shoes and spend our time walking around the city seeing all it has to offer.

I'm sure we will make a pass thru the RLD ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

... also should add we don't have a budget ;)

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

hi , no budget !! Sofitel The Grand 5* Swissotel 4* Prins Hendrik 3* ( www.hotel-prinshendrik.nl ) ,all perfect locations for exploring the city , close to trams etc and easy walking distance to most attractions ........ geoff

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

Thanks! I will go scope out some prices.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

OK presumably a bit of partying, boozing and decent eating out so you only need a place handy for staggering back to that is still handy for a bit of shopping.! ;-)

For the Clubs, I suggest the Escape (www.escape.nl) and Home (wwwclubhome.nl) though the latter is only open Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays); Escape is located on the Rembrantplein, Home is a 5 minute walk away! Also Rain is a decent club/bar also on the Rembrandtplein (http://www.rain-amsterdam.com/ )

The Rembrantplein is full of decent restauants, bars (Australian Bar Coco's Outback is also close by) and outside terraces where you can drink to your heart's content (avoid the ubiquitous buskers and the crowds by going up to the the first floor at Cafe de Kroon - next to the Escape - and looking down on the square while sipping a cocktail!). The ice bar (http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/placestogo/e80ba64d-d6b8-4baf-8cef-dda62d8a6384/xtracold-ice-caf-amsterdam---caf )is also close by

For hotels iin the area, see my previous post; here is a full list of hotels in the area: easytobook.com/en/…

Hope this helps! ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

Thank you Thank you!!!

We will be there on a Friday night, cross your fingers for good weather so we can walk around lots!

8. Re: 2 girls in Amsterdam for 1 night - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 19, 2010