We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train question?

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
249 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Train question?

If I buy a return or single train ticket from Amsterdam Centraal to Delft....& I have to change train in Rotterdam..Can I stop over for 2/3hrs in Rotterdam with the same ticket before continue my trip to Delft? Or the ticket will become Void..And I have to buy another ticket from Rotterdam to Delft?

Thanks

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
430 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train question?

You have to buy a return or single train ticket from Amsterdam to Rotterdam and then you can make a stop over in Delft or any station along the way, as long as want.

Rotterdam is not along the way from Amsterdam to Delft, because it is a further station.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train question?

hi , from Amsterdam Centraal to Delft you will not have to change trains or go to Rotterdam. see www.ns.nl , there is an English option .geoff

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train question?

Hello, All trains that are going from Amsterdam Centraal to Rotterdam and further stop at Den Haag HS station.!!!

From there it is a 10 min ride to Delft with the local stop train.

You can buy a single ticket to Delft (walk toward the 3 church towers and you are in the centrum) you can get out at any station the train stops, and continue a bit later but all on the day you did buy or stamp your ticket. see www.ns.nl

Vic

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,848 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train question?

You can travel to your destination by any reasonable means and can stop of at any station along the way as long as your journey does not go over into the next 24 hour period, i.e. after 12 midnight.

Whether it is reasonable to the ticet inspector that you travelled to Delft via Utrecht and Rotterdam is a bit dubious. Better that you buy a return ticket to Rotterdam then you can travel there then on to Delft and then back to Amsterdam.

If you are only looking to get a single ticket then buy a ticket from Amsterdam to Delft via Rotterdam (€ 15,40) which will be a couple of euros more. Better that then you are fined 35 euros for not having the correct ticket.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
192 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train question?

Along those same lines...if I want to spend the day in Delft and the Hague, what ticket would I buy from Amsterdam? Do I get a round trip ticket via which of these cities? Where should I go first? Thanks so much for your help...

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,963 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train question?

A roundtrip Delft. Allows for a stopover in The Hague as it's on the route.

Have fun,

Erik + Sandya

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
249 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train question?

Many Thanks to all,

very helpfull ppl,

I will buy a return ticket from Amsterdam to Delft.

And will stop over for 2hrs in Rotterdam..It is possible as I checked on the NS site.I wanted to make sure that I can stop over for a cpl of hrs....as I prefer to buy 1 return ticket from amsterdam then buy another 1 in Rotterdam..

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train question?

> I will buy a return ticket from Amsterdam to Delft.

And will stop over for 2hrs in Rotterdam..It is possible as I checked on the NS site. <

It is NOT possible. You need to get a return ticket (Dagretour) to Rotterdam and stop off at Delft on the way (or way back).

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Train question?

> Along those same lines...if I want to spend the day in Delft and the Hague, what ticket would I buy from Amsterdam? <

You need a Dagretour (day return) to Delft. It costs € 21,30. You can then get off at Den Haag (The Hague) on either your outward or return journey (or both if you feel like it it).

Valletta,Malta
Level Contributor
249 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train question?

I think I can Buy A Return day Ticket From Ams to Delft & back & make a stop over @ Rotterdam..It Cost €27.80..

Depands on the time,but I have checked on The NS site ..some trips you will need to change train or stop In Den Hague or Lieden as well