We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museumkaart

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
3 posts
Save Topic
Museumkaart

I understand you can get entrance into over 400 measuems for a one year period with the card, but can you enter the same measuem multiple times? Sometimes for the really extensive collections it's nice to do a morning one day and go back again another day for a half day. Will that work with the card.

And is there a list of ALL the measuems serviced by the card?

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museumkaart

We purchased the museumkaart last summer when we were in Amsterdam for a month. Yes, you can enter multiple times. If you go to the web site you can get a list of all the museums. It saved us tons of money. We discovered some really cool small museums, besides the more talked about popular museums.

S

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museumkaart

We also purchased Museumkaarts - a great deal!!

Here is a site that lists the museums it covers==

http://www.amsterdam.info/museums/

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museumkaart

Hi there.

Not all museums listed in the posting above are part of the museumkaart deal.

Museumkaart only have a dutch website, but with a little help, ;-)) it's easy to navigate.

museumkaart.nl/index.cfm/…

This URL indicates what museums can be visited with the card, and indeed, mutiple entry possible.

It is a fill out screen.

You can search several ways. The answers are general information, opening hours, etc.

1st option: in 'Naam' box, you can fill out the name of the museum, eg rijksmuseum. Then hit 'zoek' in the bottom grey area.

The result is rijksmuseum in either Amsterdam, Enschede, Leiden. Hit one of the titles and the website shows you the appropriate details, most often also a direct URL to the said museum website.

Another option is to use the box plaats of.

In the box "plaats óf" fill out your destination, eg amsterdam, the result is a clickable list, with details to be found as above.

Another one is to use the box postcode, if you knnow the postalcode of the museum you search for (or area you search for, and be aware to fill out 4 digits and 2 letters)

The last option is to use the box 'In de cathegorie'

where you can choose from the pull down menu

Another URL in which museums you can buy your card:

museumkaart.nl/index.cfm/museumkaart/ik-heb-…

In the box 'plaats óf' fill out Amsterdam, then hit Zoek

Good Luck.

Wiki

California
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Museumkaart

Thank you so much for your very detailed and informative instructions! I know I will be able to navigate the website with the help you have given.

One more question. I understand the card can be bought at any of the museums that use the card. Could I buy one before purchasing a ticket to the Van Gogh?

Thank you for your help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,648 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museumkaart

Strange as it might seem, you can't buy a Museumkaart at all the places that accept it. You CAN buy it at the Van Gogh then immediately use it to gain 'free' entry but I suggest you buy it somewhere else first then you can just walk in to the Van Gogh and skip the line!

You will have to fill in an application form (written in Dutch) so I suggest you download the .pdf application form from the website and fill it in before going to the first museum.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museumkaart

Hi

Don't forget to go to the smaller museums as well, I've been using the card for some years now, and have found so many lovely small museums that I wouldn't have gone to if I had to pay entrance fee, but whereas it's included into the card, I went to anyway. And these museums often are the best of them all.

Wiki

7. Re: Museumkaart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, December 08, 2009