We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

We are planning our trip to Amsterdam last week of March 2010 especially to visit the Keukenhof bulb fields.

But I really do not wish to get a tram to the Station, a train (or bus) to the Airport, and then another Connexxion bus to the gardens.

For not much more money(?) please can anyone knowledgeable & helpful put up the website of a company which runs a direct bus from central Amsterdam to & from Keukenhof at the end of March?

We do not mind a day tour - though we would walk round the gardens by ourselves.

Thank you vey much.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

hi , www.lindbergh.nl . All other tour companies do similar ....geoff

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Hello

You are aware that the Keukenhof last open day is 21 may !!!

Vic

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Hello

You are aware that the Keukenhof last open day is 21 may !!!

Vic

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,639 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

vshp are you awsre that the OP is travelling in March NEXT YEAR ;-)

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Thanks i did not read that !!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

We recently visited the gardens. However, we were staying out in Akersloot and I had a rental car. I drove there (very easy), as I too was put off by the train and bus connections. Although it's very easy as the trains go all the time, and the tickets can be purchased out of machines (English instructions if you touch the Union Jack) right at the stations. If you are true gardeners, then I would recommend the 7.5 hour tour as it takes a long time to walk around and see everything. If you just want to see the flowers then a couple of hours is enough, so go for the shorter tour. The colours are wonderful to see, but only true gardeners would want to look at every bed, noting the colour combinations, and want to recreate it at home. Also, it's not only tulips and spring flowers. There are other shrubs, fountains, and ponds to see with some demonstration gardens as well. As far as I know, the bus tour does not provide a guide to the gardens. You walk around on your own. However, they might provide a photocopied guide of the grounds as they charge you money to get the ground plan of the place, and we found it was quite easy to lose your direction in the place.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Thank you Geoff & travels1940 & everyone

Yes it is next March 2010 we will be going. I shall look up the lindbergh website.

Do you recommend that tour company - or are there others which are as good for me to look at?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

hi , re travel companies , they are all much of a muchness but Lindbergh are generally cheaper than most. You can check the others out , BestofHolland , KeyTours , Holland International etc etc ..geoff

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,639 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

World traveller I would look at hiring a car fo rthe day from Sixti.com. They have smart cars from €10 a day or Corsa's from €20. Its an easy drive, 35 minutes or so from Central Amsterdam and will be cheaper than taking paublic transport if there are 2 or more of you.

Bring or hire a sat nav though as the park is in the middle of nowhere. I got lost on the way back and I live here and I had a navigator who had an I-phone with gps. Maybe I should blame them lol.

Also keep any eye on the forum. This year everything bloomed quite late due to the cold winter/late Spring we had so check back before you go to see if there has been any feedback. Also print out a map of the park from the website as they charge you for a map on the way in.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keukenhof by direct bus from central Amsterdam

Thank you Geoff & Ronaldo - I shall check the websites, we don't want to drive because of the inconvenience of needing to park near our central hotel.

I see that Viator arranges a day trip to Keukenhof.

Does anyone know which actual tour company they use please?