We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day stay

orlando,fl
12 posts
Save Topic
1 day stay

we are in a cruise and will dock for i day in armsterdam port,please suggest on how wisely we can spend the day to be memorable, are there any tour buses available

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day stay

The canal cruises are a great introduction to the city. They offer hop on and off service so you can hop off at say the West Chruch where the Anne Frank house is, then get on the next boat to the Museum Plein where some of the best museums are. Most of the tickets offer 24 hours of use, not just an hour cruise. The "I Amsterdam" 24 hour ticket is good too. It includes many museums/attractions and a canal cruise.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day stay

i agree that a boat cruise will give you a unique taste of this fine city. walking around is easy there and you may even have time to visit a museum or two. It really all depend s on your tastes and wishes. Whatever you do, you will be able to at least get a taste of what amsterdam has to offer.

orlando,fl
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day stay

where can we get this hop on hop off bus from the port,and how much does it cost.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day stay

You'll see these all over the place, there are a few different companies just outside central station.

A one hour canal trip - I do agree with those who have posted above, it's a 'must do' - should cost 8-10 euros. The commentary is almost always recorded and multi-lingual, including English.

5. Re: 1 day stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, May 10, 2009