We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We booked it! Staying on Acacia houseboat in November!

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
saint paul,mn
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Topic
We booked it! Staying on Acacia houseboat in November!

I'm so excited please: don't tell me any more weather horror stories. I should have reminded the weather downer guy that I'm from minnesota , home of 60below temps and freezing rain so...

I'm guessing amsterdam is not THAT bad in November (actually late november/early december) It was beginning to sound like the polar ice cap.

Will we be ok with warm coats. wool scarves gloves etc?

Now I need specifics we're really coming!

Thanks all

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,658 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We booked it! Staying on Acacia houseboat in November!

The weather in November can range from ok(ish) to downright hostile. You are however unlikely to get caught in any snow that early in winter.

Certainly bring a warm coat. Perhaps the best thing you can do is check out the weather forecast a day os so before you travel. They are normally pretty accurate these days.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We booked it! Staying on Acacia houseboat in November!

I would'nt give the weather too much concern bluebird. Just bring a top coat, oyu'll find loads to do and enjoy , regardless of the weather. Have fun.

probably stuck in...
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We booked it! Staying on Acacia houseboat in November!

I stayed in the old houseboat in February last year. Once we figured out how to turn up the heat, it was fine. It snowed 6 inches the morning we arrived, but it was gorgeous. Built snowmen with the kids. Compared to what we get in the northwoods, it was balmy.

The restaraunt across the street-Carumba-was excellent.