We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay

We are wanting to book accomodation and flights to amsterdam next year (valentines weekend) where would you suggest staying right in the centre ! as we have never been before, but want to be close to the action !

or which UK tour operatours are cheap.

Thanks

Happy Tour Netherlands & Belgium
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Day Trips
Laidback Tours Amsterdam
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Day Trips
Amsterdam Withlocals
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Annapolis, MD, USA
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Venere.com has some nice prices on hotels...There are basically 2 main "action" areas...Dam/RedLight and Leidseplein/Museumplein...but Amsterdam's compactness makes all that rather inconsequential. Anywhere inside the Canal Ring will be close to the action...and the Museumplein/Leidseplein hotels (many are giant chains) will also provide a great location.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam Canal Ring
Amsterdam Canal Ring
150 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Santa Cruz CA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Personally I recomend the dam square area. Ive been twice one time we stayed at the die port van cleve- swinging 50's vibe small rooms high priced 1/2 block from the square and the last time we stayed at the Rembrandt Residence and I was blown away, our room was huge it had 16' ceilings and a big bath and shower but I understand that is the only room of its kind in the hotel. It was rm#23 or #24 w/ a canal view. If you cant find a good location rent a bike for 12 euro a day 45/week and youll fly around the city no problem. Damstraat bike rentals.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
2 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

I really enjoyed staying at Banks Mansion. It was a bit expensive after the conversion from US dollars to Euros but I really enjoyed the hotel and location. It was close to everything. I walked all over the city day and night with no problems.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

I stayed at the Westropa Hotel which is 2 mins walk from Liedesplien - there are lots of nice wee pubs and restaurants around that square although probably a bit too chilly to sit out in February! The Hard Rock Cafe is right on the canal here too. The airport bus stops very close to the hotel (think the stop is just called Liedesplien) so cuts out the hassle of getting the train and then a taxi or tram. I agree with the previous post that it doesn't really matter where you stay - it'a a cute wee compact city and unless it's raining the walking is great as there is so much character and detail to take in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

How much do you want to pay?

Where are you flying form?

Do you have any ideas about what you want to see in Amsterdam?

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands