We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time need help finding a place to stay!

ATLANTA
1 post
Save Topic
First time need help finding a place to stay!

I'm 31(male) and I'm traveling with my cousin 28(male), it's our first time visiting Amsterdam. We are trying to have a good time we will be checking out a lot of coffee shops, Heineken Brewery and a few museums. Don't know when the next time we will be able to come back so we want to max out but we are on a budget)o: We are willing to spend good money for that great experience. We just don't know where to stay. I'm a very particular and I can't just stay any where but I don't have Swiss Hotel $. Please help us ARRIVE 9/15-9/19

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Mauro Mansion
Mauro Mansion
#4 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Sebastian's
Hotel Sebastian's
#5 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
#6 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

Because I have stayed there many times, I can whole hartedly recommend the Amistad hotel (amistad.nl). They have standard and deluxe rooms, apartments and even a houseboat (the houseboat is up near centraal station. It is a small hotel very close to the Leidseplein, brewery, and the museums. There are lots of restaurants and activity in that area too.

Mentioned in this post
Amistad Hotel
Amistad Hotel
214 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leidseplein Hostel
Leidseplein Hostel
306 Reviews
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

Look at some of the bookings sites for the dates you require....

www.bookings.nl or www.hotels.nl are both good.

...If you then want to know about a particular hotel pop back and ask us.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

H,

Hit the link over on the right for Amsterdam Hotels. On that page, hit the drop down menu for budget and choose yours. The reviews will appear. Read through them and research them a bit more on other sites as well...

BTW, that can be a very bad time to be looking for hotels in Amsrerdam. Major conventions period, although at this time I see plenty of availability for those dates on most hotel booking engines. Check venere.com and activehotels.com. I saw nice hotels at decent rates on both those sites.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

Sorry...link on the left!

ocr
Belfast,Northern...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

Houseman, hotels, not only Swissotel, can be very expensive in Amsterdam. If you are looking for a budget hotel you would be well advised to go on personal recommendation only. For a mid budget hotel I can recommend the Rembrandt Residence. Nothing fancy, but clean, comfortable and central to most things, and sat on the banks of the Herengracht. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Swissotel Amsterdam
Swissotel Amsterdam
859 Reviews
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

Recommend the Hotel Acacia on Lindengracht in the Jordaan area of AMS. The rooms are not luxurious, are very clean, comfy and also there are houseboats for rent (modern is better than traditional) One - roomed self catering is also available at reasonable rates and breakfast is included in the price for all rentals. Have used this hotel, and the location is very good . Can walk to most places (Anne Frank's house is nearby), and anyway, AMS is not such a big city, that you can access most must-see places on foot

Mentioned in this post
The Jordaan
The Jordaan
9,779 Reviews
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Amsterdam Airport...
Schiphol, The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time need help finding a place to stay!

try hotel cornerhouse , db rooms from Euro 70. or Prins Hendrik , doubles from Euro 150... both clean and central, and safe.. and web site on here.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Prins Hendrik
Hotel Prins Hendrik
685 Reviews