We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam in February

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam in February

Hi All - I'm off to Amsterdam for the first time in February and wondered what weather I should expect? I'm expecting it to be very cold (will pack the thermals), but should I also expect some rain or even snow?

I booked us into the Maes B&B after reading all the lovely reviews on this website, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the accomodation.

Vicky

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam in February

I visited Amsterdam in February a few years ago.

The weather wan't too bad but remember there are no hills therefore there is lots of wind.

If you are in the city the buildings should shield you much of the time, but you may notice when landing at Schipol airport depending on the direction.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam in February

The ice cold wind is the thing to look out for this February. It so cold I've taking to wearing a jumper for the first time in my life. I've only got two of them

Level Contributor
440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam in February

The past week temperatures were around freezing level. Today it was much warmer suddenly. I didn't check the thermometer but I was riding my bicycle to work instead of driving and without wearing my gloves (that says something doesn't it?). And I'm not a weather-hardened native.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam in February

http://www.weeronline.nl/nlnlaaz.htm