We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

So I've been lookin at the Gresham Memphis in Amsterdam using Expedia.com I've been thinking about booking thru November 18th till the 25th. Now on Expedia it says they have openings during that time period. But according to www.bookings.net Gresham Memphis is booked full??? so I am wondering who is correct on the booking schedule?? and if Expedia is the way to go if booking a Package deal.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,614 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

Different booking agencies can procure and set aside different blocks of rooms at hotels.

Doesn't surprise me at all if one would show availability and not the other.

Expedia is a well-known company, been around for years. The hotel's own website is showing available rooms for your dates, too. I wouldn't worry about it.

Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

thanks for the information.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

FYI I had a huge problem with booking Expedia in Italy so it is in your interest to double check your reservation the week before direct with the hotel if you use Expedia.

The hotel told me they never got it from Expedia and Expedia didn't want to refund my $.

Utah
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

Thanks.. that was what I was worried about... Expedia and how reliable there booking is....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,614 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

If you're worried about a particular business, check a site like

…bizrate.com/interstitial/…

With no offense intended to KtScott, one experience isn't enough to judge a big company like Expedia.

(The link I posted has 425,000 people having rated Expedia.com with 96 percent giving them a positive or neutral rating.)

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

I used hotels.com in an internationals trip to 5 european countries and did have any troubles with room not being reserved. The issues were with the rooms themselves. The worst rooms in the worst part of the hotels. Beware!

Florida
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

Sorry...I did NOT have any troubles with the reservations. Only the rooms.

Ireland
Level Contributor
922 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

I've used Expedia several times, allbeit Expedia.co.uk, and had no problems.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

Agreed that 1 problem should not sink them but its worth calling before you go. I still use sites like Orbitz and venere.com but now I call before I leave to make suer they have my reservation.

I will tall you if you do have a problem their customer service is worthless and not customer service at all.

I'm jaded.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Using Expedia for Hotel Booking..

I have just returned from a weekend in Amsterdam staying at the Krasnapolsky - flights and hotel booked through Expedia.co.uk. I found their service flawless and the price I paid by far the cheapest for an outstanding hotel and excellent flights. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Previous posts are quite correct in saying that different companies have a different number of rooms allocated that they can sale.

Whatever you choose to do, have a fantastic time!

El x